Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Babysitt'n

Sawy's mama went back to work full-time. Sawyer will be going to daycare, but she needed a babysitter for a couple days in the meantime. I had a couple days off (my last orientation shift is tomorrow) so I volunteered to take care of her for a couple days. I had her yesterday and now I have her again today.
We had a nice relaxing day yesterday. We hung around home all morning, just playing and talking and dancing around. Then, when the weather improved, we went for a walk to the beach. It wasn't actually that warm, but it was warm enough to play in the sand and wade in the water. Sawyer was so angry that I wouldn't let her go swimming. I didn't feel like getting all wet and she would have froze on the way home. She threw a fit and flailed around as I carried her away. Good thing we were the only ones at the beach, I'm not looking forward to public tantrums.
We played with the box/shape/block thing. She loves that. It's much too difficult for her so I hold the pieces in place and she pushes them in. Then she gleefully flops her arms around all proud of herself and such. It's pretty adorable. When she is trying to do it herself she just pushes harder and harder trying to make the pieces fit.
We went to the community garden with Erik. We harvested beets, kale, swiss chard, and basil. Yummy! Sawyer was a great help too -- picking kale and chard. She was tasting everything and even stole a couple peas (that were delicious btw!). Then she dug her hands into the marigolds and needed some distraction.
Her Latest Tricks:

  • Saying "Hi!" (I think she learned this from my niece).
  • Crossing her fingers
  • Crawling forward and then flopping onto her belly and pushing herself backwards across the hardwood floor
  • Saying "Too Too" (Choo Choo) after I go "Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga".
  • She jumps (though her feet never actually leave the floor).
  • She cocks her head to the side and howls if you do it along with her. 
  • She does this fake asthma thing that cracks me up. She will be playing on the floor and all of the sudden start panting and acting like she's having an asthma attack. And then she will look at you with a big grin. What a silly goose. 
Crossing her fingers. 
I'm sorry that I'm always writing about babies. That's just what my life is right now -- work and babies. And work is far less entertaining to read about, I promise you. 

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

Jumping without ever really leaving the floor . . . I love that. Seriously, so cute. Has she started figuring how to walk backwards? That is my other favorite. They think they're so clever, so proud of themselves.

Sawy, you're cute.