Sunday, July 31, 2011

recently

I am loving the weather these days! I am loving the water park with the girls. There is something charming about water parks... I love them. And so do the girls. The girls squeal as they run in and out of the water. Half the time they can't decide if they love it or hate it and it provides endless entertainment.
I'm enjoying picnics and hassle-free meals. I love eating outside. It's probably one of my favourite things about summer. We used to always eat outside growing up. In the far corner of the yard, because that's where the sun lingers before setting.
I'm loving quiet days with my girlfriends. And babies in nothin-but-diaps. I have unlimited access to chunky little baby rolls -- the best!
I am enjoying afternoons spent with friends in the middle of the lake. Watching my hunk of a husband strut his stuff on the back of a boat.
And loving basking in the sun and just chatting.
I'm enjoying donning the red suit and floating in the lake. Don't ask me what this is. It came from Erik's boat in Alaska. They need one per crew member and this one needed to be replaced... it's old I think. It carries with it the sweet aroma of diesel and man. Sweaty, smelly, dirty man.
And I am savouring sweet summer evenings. Lounging in hammocks. Drinking iced tea. And just being.
What have you been up to recently?

No comments: