Monday, July 25, 2011

Music Monday

I am very excited about this music Monday. I am excited because of the level of awesome that this band has attained. The following is a checklist of a few categories of awesome a band could have.

Original Premise -- check
Talented Musicians -- check
Melodious compositions -- check
Well written lyrical content -- check
Solid/Entertaining live shows -- check
Band name is "Radiohead" -- oops

Apparently there is only one area that they can work on, namely, being Radiohead... I don't know if that expectation is all that realistic really.

The Protomen is a band that was formed around the love of the Nintendo/Super Nintendo game "Mega Man." They have 2 albums out which focus on the stories of Mega Man and his creator/father Dr. Tom Light. Set in the future the city has been taken over by the evil Dr. Wily who betrayed Dr. Light and used the robots they both were working on to do his bidding to take over the world and now rules as a tyrant. The first album mainly focuses on Mega Man's perspective of the story and history while the second album is more a rock opera written about Dr. Light and Dr. Wily's relationship and the events which lead to Dr. Wily's subjugation of mankind.

This is "The Hounds" by the Protomen



This particular song is from their second album. It is from the perspective of the evil Dr. Wily speaking about Dr. Light as he is one of the only men to appose what Dr. Wily has done.

Until next time,

Keep your protoblasters charged.

E

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

I can tell I'm weary by my response to this . . . I honestly thought, "He's so lucky to have time to ponder things like this. Lucky..."

LOL, and so true. Savor it. I'll watch the vid later, when I know it won't interuppt the boys and magnetize them to the computer screen. :) But you know I love the Protomen. Yo.