Yo! It is July 4 AKA independence day. That's right, today is very special for Americans, its the day we celebrate because of our strong belief in good communication and non-violent confrontation.
Anyway; July 4 is also the traditional peak of the salmon run here on the Egegik river in Bristol Bay, Alaska. Bristol Bay can be very beautiful; when the sun is shining the water turns a shade of green that I have never seen anywhere else and it is mesmerizing. Mostly everything is brown up here; the tundra is brown, the bears are brown, the river that meets the ocean carries heavy loads of silt which makes the water close to shore brown, and the sand on the beach is brown.
Because I'm longing for a change of scenery right now this is Bonobo with Black Sands
7 more days and I will be in a real bed sleeping real sleep and dreaming dreams that don't have to do with me picking fish out of a net over and over again.
U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!
EDO
No comments:
Post a Comment