Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Miss Maelle

Today is Maelle Mai's first birthday! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by! I remember her birth day as though it was yesterday. When I first held her in my arms I was overwhelmed by the amount of love I could feel for such a little person -- and now, a year later, I am overwhelmed by the amount that love has grown.
Maelle has the most delightful personality. She is honestly d.e.l.i.g.h.t.f.u.l. She is full of laughter and joy and she is so expressive. She makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world.
Erik and I simply adore her. She loves me too, but she has an insane obsession with Erik. They have so much fun together. She giggles incessantly as he tosses her around and makes silly noises. They are both easily excitable and they could play for hours.
We went to the water park this afternoon/evening to celebrate Maelle's birthday. She loved it! She absolutely loves the water and didn't even want to come out when her lips were purple. We were having a lot of fun too. There is just something about water parks that is exhilarating even when you are grown up.
Sweet Little Miss, Auntie loves you. I forgive you for loving your uncle a little bit more than you love me. I have enough love to compensate for your shortcoming. You are so precious and I thank God for you every single day. You light up my life and bring me so much joy. Happy birthday Little One. May God bless you with many more.

No comments: