Friday, May 25, 2012

worry wart

I am so excited that Milena is having another baby! I'm excited that Maelle is going to be a big sister. And I am excited to be a part of the whole experience.

But I have been worrying a lot lately. Not about the baby. Or Milena. Or anything of vast importance, but I am nervous that I will miss the delivery. Milena has asked me to be there for her labour and delivery again and I am honoured, but I am also scared that I won't make it.

You see, my family is going to Mexico the last week of November and Milena is due December 6. That means I get home five days before Milena is due. Yes, she went two weeks overdue last time, but that was last time and this is this time.

Erik and I had been planning on heading to South America from Mexico, but when Milena told me she was expecting my loving husband willingly postponed our trip so I could be there to support Milena through her labour and deliver (hopefully a vbac) as he knows how important it is to both me and her. Since making that decision (and it's a big one for him) I have been nervous about missing the delivery anyway. And really, me not being there wouldn't be the worst thing -- a healthy mama and babe are the ultimate goal -- but the last experience was amazing and I want to be there to support my dear friend again.

I didn't realize how stressed I was about this until talking to Milena yesterday, but I really really really really really don't want to miss the birth of this currently-plum-sized-babe. I'm already sad to be missing six of the first months of his/her life. 

Have I ever told you how much I love my friends and their families? And how much I love my family? Because I do. A lot.

No comments: