Wednesday, May 16, 2012

our weekend away

Erik and I had a wonderful weekend away! A wedding on Friday evening brought us to the Lower Mainland for the weekend and we decided to make the most of it. Every time we go "home" we find ourselves running around trying to visit with as many family and friends as we can. We love doing this, but find that it gets tiring. We wanted to take a weekend for ourselves... or at least partly for ourselves.
The wedding was in Fort Langley and it was absolutely beautiful! The bride looked stunning. The groom was beaming. And it was a lovely lovely wedding.
We spent the night at my brother's house and left after breakfast to go and hike the Chief. Wow, I am out of shape. We took many short breaks on the way up, but we made it and the view was well worth the effort.  I even ran into a friend from high school on the way up! I hadn't seen him in five or six years so that was a pleasant surprise. 
We stayed at the top for an hour enjoying the view, chatting, and recovering (at least I was recovering) and then we battled the crowds to get back down to the vehicle. It was busy and why wouldn't it be??
We decided to stay at the Howe Sound Inn which is conveniently a part of the Brewing Company. My brother and his wife were planning on joining us for the evening as my SIL had to work till 3:00pm so we went off to check out the town.
Checking out the town took a matter of minutes -- we perused a couple second-hand stores (I found all the Little House on the Prairie books in one store!!) and enjoyed a little snack. We then returned to our room for a nap on the window seat. The sun was shining in, there was a pleasant breeze coming through the open window, and I passed right out. It was perfect.
We only had most of one day to ourselves, but it was a good day. More of our weekend coming up a bit later.

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

Oooo . . . it sounds so nice.