I met my sister at Britton Creek this afternoon, halfway between my home and hers, to pick up my dear nephews and one of their friends. I brought the three boys home with me hoping to take them camping for the weekend. It's supposed to be cold and we were planning on driving up the mountain to camp so we decided that wasn't the best idea. The boys begged us to set up a tent in the backyard for them. And so, like any good Auntie and Uncle, we did.
And now? The tent is set up right outside our bedroom window so it's almost like we are camping with them. I would love to be cuddled up in the tent with them, or in a tent beside them, but our tent is small (Shar just brought hers home as we'd opted out of camping) so just the three of them managed to squeeze in.
We aren't camping with them, but I can hear Zachary, my 10-year-old nephew, reading to the other boys. It's very sweet and makes my heart swell up with love.
I'm excited for a weekend with these boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment