Well, I didn't do so so well on my resolutions thus far. I like to blame Kaden - his early arrival threw a wrench in my best laid plans. I would take that little boy over resolutions any day though so he is forgiven.
#1 I read Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. It was a nice easy read, but the book didn't quite meet my expectations. It was good enough, but it wasn't great. I'm not interested in writing a book review so I will just leave it at that. I still don't have a February book picked out, but I'm thinking of reading the Hunger Games. I started it while waiting for Mandi to go into labour, but it's her book so I don't actually have it in my possession. Any recommendations??
#2 My Baby Sophisticate. I'm not exactly finished. Close, but not quite. I have to knit the arms, pick out buttons, and sew the buttons on. I have needed to go to the yarn store once already for assistance and I'm at a stand-still until I can go one more time. I am working five night shifts this week so that will have to wait till Saturday or Monday. I think I could be done in a day once I start it up again. For now I have started on my February project -- The Baby Surprise Jacket. I am using three balls of yarn for it so it's a lot of switching colours, but I just started it yesterday and I am well on my way. It may even be done before my Baby Sophisticate (though weaving in loose ends certainly won't be).
#3 I pulled out the quilt I'm needing to finish. I haven't touched it yet, but it is now staring me in the face every single day so it won't be long before I can no longer avoid it.
And skipping to #8. No date. Again, it's Kaden's fault. No ideas for February yet.
Better luck this month.
2 comments:
Read the Hunger Games Series! I read all 3 books in a month because there were addictive. I bit twisted but I enjoyed them.
In other things, I miss you. A lot. I can't wait for some quality time in August!
agreed. Secret Daughter was just ok for me too. It was built up WAY too much.
Post a Comment