Sunday, February 19, 2012

the latest little sister dress

This particular dress was actually completed a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to posting about it until now. It isn't exactly complete -- it's nearly complete.
I am notorious for almost finishing things. I have about ten different items around here needing finishing. Everything I have knit since the summer (aside from the Christmas presents) is sitting in a basket by my couch waiting to be finished. The projects are either waiting for buttons or weaving in. Or seaming in some instances. I get to being 95% done and then I jump onto the next project. Or I go into a knitting lull. Or I can't find the right buttons. Or I get busy. Or something comes up.
You may remember this dress from here - I knit one for my little niece, Hailey Jade. You can find the original pattern at this website, in case you're interested. Tora Froseth, like Elizabeth Zimmerman, is brilliant.
I have another dress already cast on -- using the same yarn, in fact. Actually, I have started and taken apart the dress three times already. It doesn't seem to be working out the way I want it to. But that's another story, for another time. Back to focusing on this little gaffer.
Cute eh? This was my first attempt at variegated yarn and I think it's fabulous. The yarn is fabulous, variegated or not. It's called Madelintosh DK and I could go on forever and ever about how lovely it is. The best thing about it is that it's 100% superwash merino wool -- warm and machine washable!
Only one more knitting project to share with you. My nearly complete baby sophisticate. Coming soon!

No comments: