Monday, February 06, 2012

Music Monday

Hello. Ever had one of these times?


Purple Heart from David Duchow on Vimeo.

That was "Purple Heart" by imaginary cities. It is one of those songs that one connects with while staring out the window on a cloudy winter day. A song for introspection.

I was reading a forward to a book of poetry this weekend. The forward was written by Garrison Keillor who I am increasingly a fan of. In this forward he stated that poetry has a special place in society because it is written by the peasant, by the common man. It is not written by someone who will be fired if they don't get the ratings. It is not weighed down by propaganda. It is pure, untainted; written solely for the encouragement of mankind. I wish I had the patience for poetry, I guess music will have to do, although it is tainted by ratings.

Until next time, make yourself some tea and stare like you've never stared before.

E

No comments: