Wednesday, March 14, 2012

some things

I caved and bought the Hunger Games Series. They were cheapest at Costco, in case you're wondering. I bought them on Saturday and I am already finished them. I haven't read for fun in SO long and it was wonderful to get lost in a book... or two or three. I thoroughly enjoyed them, though I can't recommend them as quality literature.

At church on Sunday I was holding a baby a family is fostering. He is ten-months-old and adorable!! Maelle saw me with him and bee-lined straight for me whining and crying and wanting me to pick her up. I scooped her up in my other arm and she proceeded to try pushing the little guy out of my arms, trying to climb over to his side, and squeezing me around the neck. I tried putting her down, but she wailed so I picked her up again. I ended up having to dish of the young'n to calm her down. To be honest, I was pleased-as-punch that she was jealous. It was cute.

She's never done that when I've been holding Kaden, oddly enough. Though when I'm holding Sawyer she often wants to join us. And vise versa. Sawy is often interested when I have Maelle in my arms. But that's not jealousy, that's just because they're friends. 

I was out with Milena and Maelle on Monday (at the gym...what what!) and when Milena drove me home Maelle pointed to my house and said "Uncle Erik". I said, "yeah, Uncle Erik is home". And she proceeded to say "uncle, uncle, uncle" desperately pointing at the house. M had to leave so she didn't get to come in for a visit. She wasn't very happy about that, but I thought it was cute that she wanted to see him so badly. I've said it before and it remains true -- Maelle likes me a lot, but she adores Erik.

Going on my third night shift. Joy! They haven't been too bad. I'm off until Monday -- unless they're short and call me in.  I love having weekends off!

Erik and I just started watching Game of Thrones. I don't get it, but I do find it interesting. I like Sean Bean and Erik is intrigued by it so we watch it. The books were recommended to me by a friend at work, but I don't know if I would like them. Maybe the show would make more sense if I read them though. Not that I care that much.

I just realized I measured my March knitting project incorrectly and have to take the whole thing apart. I was one inch away from being done and I have not been enjoying the pattern. I don't think I would knit the pattern again, which is sad because I have loved everything else I have made. This project is just a bit too boring. I need to get a start on those bootees to jazz things up a bit.

Erik's sister is on the coast visiting my in-laws. She has her three boy-ohs with her. We are going home next next weekend to visit them and I can't wait! Maybe I will re-knit my project on the way down. We are leaving after a night shift so I will probably just sleep.

I got a new camera. More on that later.

And that's about all for now folks. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

No comments: