Thursday, March 29, 2012

quick update

I feel like I should write something, but I really don't have much energy right now. I miss writing. You know? That's one thing I miss about being in school. I dreaded papers, but it felt so good to have to articulate yourself. The process was painful (countless hours researching, then writing, then re-writing, then editing, then editing some more), but I loved being proud of the work I had done. I miss being challenged in that way. I miss being forced to write well.

I made this yummy recipe for dinner tonight. Yummm. I didn't cooking until 7:30pm -- the light throws me off. I still feel like the sun should be setting at 4:30pm. So glad it's not! I love the longer days.

We were visiting Erik's family in Washington this weekend. A wonderful, but all-too-brief visit. The weather was gorgeous (and rainy at times) and we got to spend some time out in the sunshine. It.felt.so.good. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Erik's family? I do.
Mandi came for a visit today with her little munchkins. Kaden is growing quickly and Sawy is as darling as ever.
Today I finished a sewing project -- more on that later. I managed to help a friend out and fulfill/complete a new year's 'resolution' Let's just say I am super excited about it and it is super adorable and I will be making more of the same thing in the near near future.

And that's about all for now. Kaden is coming for a sleepover tomorrow -- Mandi and Kev are having a date night with Sawy on Saturday. I'm excited for them... and for me.

Oh! Another thing I am excited about: Lindsey's ultrasound next week! Her hubby can't make it so I get to accompany her. She is already 19 weeks along. Wow, that has gone quickly (for me at least... she may beg to differ)!

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I totally understand what you are saying! I miss school work... I had many nerdy moments since working at the high school where I thought it'd be so fun to do the assignments given out haha.