As I mentioned before, I've been knitting up a storm. Thankfully I have had some motivation to finish off some things I'd knit long ago. I've been weaving in loose ends, sewing up seams, and putting the finishing touches on a few things (minus buttons... I hate buttons!!).
Other than finishing up old projects, I've been knitting a few new things.
Numero Uno: Mason Jar Cozy. I've had this yarn sitting around for a while. I was perusing ravelry a few days ago looking for ways to use up some of the yarn I've accumulated and I came across a pattern for mason jar cozies. We use mason jars as cups, but the cup ones were all dirty so I stuck this cozy on some canning. Pretty and practical -- my fave.
I've also knit a pair of Stay-On Booties. I've had this pattern and the yarn since I was in Scotland almost a year ago and I finally sat down and figured out the pattern. As with most things, it ended up being much easier than it seemed the first time I attempted it. The giver of the pattern informed me that they are the best booties as they really do stay on. These may become a staple baby gift.
There were also these Wrist Warmers I knit. Erik has informed me that he probably won't wear wrist warmers, but I love them just the same.
I finally finished the Diamond Baby Blanket (mentioned here). It is delightful. Absolutely delightful. Erik picked the wool for the blanket. His first choice was the purple used in these tunics for my nieces, which would have been absolutely beautiful, but I wanted to knit something more gender neutral because who knows when I'll be wrapping a baby in said blanket and what gender said baby will be.
This Knitted Baby Hat took only a few hours to complete. I like how it looks, but would use different yarn next time as this was hand spun and of varying thickness throughout. I would make something warmer and cozier. I was going to send this to some friends who just had a baby, but I think I'll knit them a new one that is thicker -- warmer and cozier.
1 comment:
You are so talented!!! I love the mason jar cozy!
Post a Comment