Thursday, January 16, 2014

celebrating, drinks, and cooking.

We went to Sam and Milena's house last night for a birthday celebration. I turned 27 last week so Milena invited us for dinner to celebrate with her family. Milena and I even managed to slip out for a mini date of our own while the boys entertained the kids.

I'm going for coffee with someone I went to high school with. We weren't friends in high school, but we weren't not friends either. She graduated a year after me and is now going to Med School in town. It's interesting how proximity encourages friendships. I'm excited to meet up with her and get to know her better.

Tomorrow I am meeting up with someone who potentially wants me to be her doula. She's a friend of a friend and I'm super excited about meeting up with her too. I hope things work out and that I can be there to support her in her labour and delivery -- I love supporting mama's in birth. Love it!

Tomorrow also happens to be my cooking day. I'm gearing up for plenty of prepping and too many dishes to wash by evening. I will thank myself later when I get home after a 12 hour shift and don't have to make dinner.

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

:) :) :)