I'm in the middle of my work week; I will be spending 24 of the next 36 hours at the hospital. I hear it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend in these parts. I will hopefully be sleeping most of the hours the sun is out shining, but I'm excited for lovely weather none-the-less.
I knit another Baby Surprise Jacket. I used the leftover yarn from the first jacket and I got a yellow as well to make it a bit different. I also used slightly bigger needles to make the sweater a bit bigger. I still have loose ends to knit in, the seaming to complete, and buttons to pick out, but it is almost done. And I loved it just as much as I did the first time around. I need to pick a button for my March project and then I will show it off. And I haven't started the bootees for my April project. That's one of my goals for my days off. To knit at least three pairs. One for me (the first of each pattern is always for me) and then two for Lindsey. I have some yarn left over from the most recent BSJ so I will be using that.
Yesterday I got a lovely little package in the mail -- the yarn I ordered for my May project. I have settled on the Owlet Sweater for next month. I think it may be the most difficult thing I have done so I am going to start it as soon as I complete my bootees. I am very excited.
I haven't read a book yet. I re-read the hunger games, but I haven't cracked open anything new. I'm thinking of reading a little C.S. Lewis. A book, the beach, and my knitting. That's what I have planned for next week. Sounds delightful! Maybe some hot cocoa too. I don't even like hot cocoa, it just sounded right. Cocoa.
I've been going to the gym the past few weeks. Paying for a gym membership is painful and it feels ridiculous, but I really need other people for motivation! I go to classes because I am super lazy when I am on my own. I tried running on my own last summer and I would go for 3 minutes and then walk the rest of the way. Lazy and lacking self discipline. Just this week I incorporated running into my exercise routine. I h.a.t.e. running. Like hate hate it. Despise. Loathe. Detest. But everybody knows cardio is important. I run on the treadmill which feels like cheating, and it kind of is, but at least I get my heart rate up. The thing I like about the treadmill is that it forces me to keep a certain pace whereas if I were "running" on my own I would just walk or jog slowly - painfully slow. Eventually I would like to take my running outside, but I'm too chicken at this point. I would be the lady huffing and puffing and dragging my feet behind me. No thanks. Sometimes I miss being eighteen and fit.
And that is pretty much my life: work, knit, exercise.
Heavy on the knitting and light on the exercise.
Hope your weekend is lovely.
3 comments:
we should exercise over skype once this baby is out! now that could be fun..
lol I'll join you two... cause I decided yesterday that I was in better shape when I was pregnant with Bianca. Ugh. :)
Let's do it!! Or chat at the very least.
Post a Comment