Monday, January 10, 2011

weekend

This weekend was so busy! I should get used to it though - only three weeks until I leave for Africa... and there is much to be done between now and then.
My birthday was yesterday, as Erik kindly mentioned. Erik brought me breakfast in bed and then we spent the day shopping and cleaning our house. Lindsey and Adrian (sister and BIL) took us to Ric's Grill for dinner. I don't know if any of you have heard of or been to Ric's Grill, but dinner was so delicious! I had mixed seafood (halibut, salmon, prawns, and scallops) and Erik had lemon lemon butter halibut. Oh my goodness, the food was incredible! Yummy!
Cheerios to entertain her in the car.
After dinner we had some friends over for games and appy's. Board games... That's how exciting my life is! I actually LOVE playing games (much to Erik's dismay). I think I was always on the losing team, but it was fun anyway.
She loves the camera and always tries to grab it.
I got to play with Bean yesterday! I was so excited because I hadn't seen her in 3.5 weeks!! Far too long.  That is the longest I have gone without seeing her since she was born. It was awful!! I am sad to be leaving her for 7 weeks but I am sure Africa will be worth it. Sawyer will still be here when I get home... and she will hopefully be out of her cling-to-mom-stage (fat chance). I steal her anyway and we deal with the separation anxiety. The key is to ensure she can't see her mama. Three and a half weeks! Seriously!! She is as adorable as ever.
Pocket-sized Bean - almost 9 months.

No comments: