Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So I've been a bit busy lately, and not busy at all at the same time. I've had a few interviews and just as many job offers, but none of them are full time enough. I did, however, accept a job today as a hostess for Red Robins in Guildford. I'll be right across from Kira and the manager said that there are lots of people who want time off so it shouldn't be hard to pick up extra shifts. I'll still look for another job for the mornings or something, but for now this is what I've got.
I've also spent a lot of time hanging out at my sisters house and with my nephews and such. Kaitlyn and I went to watch Zachary's "One-base baseball" on Monday. It was so cold outside and it was so windy, but the kids were so cute! They play tee-ball, but they only have one base to run to and they run to it and jump on it and it doesn't matter how far their hit goes or whatever. It is quite comical to watch them and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids were dancing in the outfield and playing in the sand, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves and that is all that counts.
These are all my neices and nephews. Jessica Hailley is in the back. She is 12 years old and is currently in Grade 7. Her favorite subject is Chemistry and I hear she reminds teachers of me... yup she's a brain and she is beautiful! Kaitlyn Renee is to the right. She is turning 11 this month. I couldn't tell you what her favorite subject is, but she got her haircut yesterday and she is quite a cutie... I call her Piglet and I have no idea where it came from or why. Zachary Arend is to the left in his baseball gear. He is four years old and is quite athletic. He is so funny and he makes me laugh all the time. Christopher Michael is the one in the middle. He is a rugrat. He is also hilarious, but he can definitely be a handful. He doesn't really like me still... if I come over he starts crying becuase he thinks that Shar is going to leave them with me and that would be a terrible thing. I promise I am actually a relatively fun Aunt. Like for real, I play with the kids and we always have a good time, but Christopher is still uncertain and doesn't like me so much.

This is Katy and my brother, Jonathan. She is a friend of mine who has been friends since... before I was born. Well, she's been friends with me since I was born, but our families go way back. She moved to New Mexico when I was in gr. 8 and she was in gr. 10, but she is part of the Redeemer Choir that is touring in BC right now so she's staying at our house for two nights. Oh man.. she is so much fun and we all just hung out in the living room laughing last night. I love those family times where you just hang out and talk and laugh... that's what I missed about being home.
Here's Zachary and Riley dancing in the outfield instead of paying attention. At least they had fun.
Christopher loves his snow boots. He always wears them!
Zachary and I went for a walk today.
Here are the mountains! I am still amazed when I get out of bed in the morning and drive my mom to work because there are mountains everywhere! I've taken them forgranted all these years, but now that I've been in Edmonton, I notice them all the time and think they are the most beautiful things in the world. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating there, but they are pretty amazing.

That's pretty much what I've been up to lately. Wait! I also went to the ocean!!! I missed that too. I'll post a picture up in a second.

4 comments:

Stewart said...

I will have everyone know that Kaitlyn, Ashley and Stewart went to Zachary's teeball game!!! You're unbelieveable. I even took the picture ya punk.

Kingma said...

I love Katy...and I'm glad you got to visit her

lj said...

Lady! You need to post some more! I'd love to hear what is going on with you!
Hugs and love my roommate from accross the hall!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! capt. bart sherwood fight n lady charter fishing printers Printer cartridges remanufacturing industry Cpm based affiliate program Cannon printer uk skin care industry websites Ambien works 1960 chrysler new yorker brother printers Printer philippines inkjet High resolution pictures of models xp printer driver compaq c3-1000 http://www.ultram-sale.info/fischer-tennis-racket-reviews.html