It was definitely worth having my five finals over a period of three days in order to come home early. I don't think I would trade that for... well for much I guess. I even got to have a sleepover with my sister! She drove me to the airport in the morning so I went to her house the night before and we had a little party.
Hmm... Stewart picked me up from the airport and we went to see my daddy at work. His school was having chapel so I snuck in the back and gave him a huge hug. He was just about to go up to read a story to his students so I stood at the back with Stewart and we were going to listen to him read. So my dad went up to the front and sat down and started talking about their Christmas traditions or something like that and then he stops and says, "Could you all turn and wave at my daughter. She just came back from college and came here to surprise me." So his whole school turns and waves at me and they all started clapping and I so I waved back with this huge/dumb smile on my face. Then he started reading. I love hearing my dad tell stories! He used to read to us kids all the time. He read us The Hobbit and Narnia. It's been a while since I've had the chance to listen to him and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Then we went to visit my neices at their middle school. They were also in chapel. When they realized I was there they came running at me. It was so cute! Then they both started crying when I was hugging them. Oh man, they cried for so long. It was so adorable. Aww... I missed them. They make me so happy.
After that, Stewart and I went home to have tea with my mom before venturing to Fraser Valley Christian to see my little brother and everyone else. A bunch of the kids I taught last year came and gave me hugs as well as the girls I coached on Surrey Heat. Hmm... I went to a basketball meeting and saw all the girls again.
Then Handy and I were walking down the stairs and who should be walking up them but Gordon Kelly himself. He looked a bit startled at seeing me in his domain yet again and so he barely managed to spit out a hello. Then, in the typical Gordon Kelly manner, he took two steps and turned around to join me in my walk. And that was the end of me visiting other people. When Gordon Kelly wants something he is pretty persistant and determined to get it. So I spent the next 25 minutes humoring Gordon and hearing about Toronto and his life. Trying to end the conversation and start a new one with someone else failed time and time again because Gordon is never finished. If he is anywhere near you then he has an open invitiation to talk... even if you're talking to someone else. Oh man, I missed that boy. He's quite entertaining, especially 12 hugs, 5 hand-shakes, and 3 high fives. Gordon Kelly is quite the character. After rekindling my romance with him I decided to go home...
Now I've been lazing around, visiting family, hanging out, reading... and it's been wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment