Friday, December 06, 2013

Tree Hunting

Erik and I went tree hunting on Wednesday. We drove to a friend's uncle's property a ways away to find our tree. We went a couple years ago with said friend and his family, but sadly had to search on our own this time.
Tree Hunting
I took along some knitting to pass the time in the car. I suffer from motion sickness so I took many breaks, but it felt so nice to have my hands working away. I'm making a little blanket which I am already particularly fond of. I splurged and got some lovely madelinetosh yarn for it, but don't feel guilty because it is that wonderful. And it's only a baby blanket so it isn't that much yarn.
Tree Hunting
I love warmth but I forgot how much I do enjoy a cool winter day -- at least from the comfort of a warm car. I also love road trips (especially mini road trips) and spending time with Erik (obviously).

It was surprisingly cool out so our fingers froze quite quickly, but Erik probably appreciated that as I chose a tree more speedily. This benefited him as he didn't have to drag the tree as far because we didn't get as deep into the forest.
Tree Hunting
We took our traditional photo-before-the-tree-is-cut. And then Erik cut down the tree and hauled it out.
Tree Hunting

Tree Hunting
We (and I use the word "we" quite liberally) had the frustrating task of attaching said tree to the roof of our little car for the long drive home… We (again "we") only had to stop once to adjust as we had a new rope that stretched out a little bit (as expected).
Tree Hunting
It was a lovely little morning and I cannot wait to finish decorating my home now!

No comments: