I really hope you were in desperate need of new ones. You see, I loved my Berkenstocks -- I really did. They have been around the world with me and have proved to be the most comfortable piece of footwear I have ever owned.
I was baffled when I realized they weren't where I left them at the entrance to the beach side restaurant. I did not see any sandals similar to mine so I know they weren't taken accidentally. I quickly experienced frustration over being robbed and sadness over it being one of my favourite possessions.
Allow me to share some of the grief I have experienced in the hour since you took said sandals. I had to walk back to my hostel in bare feet. I suppose this doesn't sound too terrible, but my hostel is over two kilometres from the beach we were relaxing at. As you know, 2pm is one of the hottest times of day, the sun is high in the sky and there is no shade making the pavement incredibly hot. My poor feet were subject to this intense heat. My husband was kind enough to spell me off by giving me his sandals, but those gave me blisters on the tops of my feet. We traded on and off most of the way home. So now the bottoms of both of our feet are burnt and the top of mine are blistered.
And we have you to thank.
We only have five days left of our vacation together so I suppose you could have taken them at a much worse time. I plan on wearing my runners for the rest of the holiday which isn't terrible, but made slightly less comfortable due to the blisters.
I hope they serve you as well as they served me. They are wonderful little sandals so treat them well.
Sincerely,
Ashley
1 comment:
Boo!!!! I know how important a good pair of sandals are! Oh, and the sentimental value :(
Post a Comment