Thursday, August 30, 2012

of knitting.

I am almost done my July
knitting project.
Yes, July.

I haven't knit anything
for August yet...

I would like to draw
your attention to
how busy August has been.

And to the fact that I
don't know what I want
to knit.

Well, I kind of
have an idea,
but I can't
find a pattern that I
like.

I want to knit a sweater
for myself.

A semi-fitted,
not too thick
everyday sweater.

I want it
to be no fuss,
and without embellishments.

Just a
Plain Jane
sweater.

Patterns for those
are surprisingly hard
to come by.

I have been looking
for a couple months.

And I think I am
going to have
to amalgamate
(right word?)
three or four patterns.

Which,
in a short phrase,
means
"Uh Oh".

But if I were
an optimist, which
I am usually
not,
I would say something
more along the
lines of
"Wheeeeeeee".

But as I said,
not an optimist.

So I sit,
perusing the vast
interwebs,
searching for something --
anything,
that inspires me.

It doesn't even need
to be my
beloved sweater.

It could be
anything, but nothing
has had that spark.

I had better make up
for my lack of knitting
in September.

Or October.

Colder weather
is more conducive to
knitting anyway.

For now, I search. 

No comments: