Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fire Alarm???

Last night I was once again rudely awaken by yet another fire alarm. Actually, I can't really complain. It took me five minutes to actually figure out what it was because it isn't that loud when you're in my room, let alone when you're half asleep.

I made some feeble attempts to wake up Lauren then I got up and tapped her shoulder. She got out of bed and I laid back down. I really did not feel like getting layered up to go stand outside in the cold for an hour while the firemen came and checked the building out. There was a party going on outside and the people there didn't seem to be panicking or super excited about anything. Lauren was up putting her sweater on and I said I was going to sleep again. It's probably illegal or something to stay inside when there's a fire alarm, but I didn't care.

I fell asleep to the melodious ringing of the alarm. I was asleep before the firetrucks even made it to campus. I figure that if it was real, it would have made for a great story to say that a dreamy fireman came and saved my life... or caught me while I jumped from the window of a burning building. Those stories are always more fun anyways... like that time two cops busted into my room at King's with their hands on their guns while my roommate and I slept because we didn't answer the pounding door.

1 comment:

lj said...

I remember that night in the Tower! You guys are criminals! People should be in trouble for keeping a room as hot as that one was...