I received a severe tongue lashing from Laura Boskers because I have neglected this blog so I am here to appease her and update.
January continued smoothly. Not too much happened. Volleyball continued road trips to Cranbrook and Kelowna...
February was a bit more interesting. My brother Anthonie and I babysat these four kids from their church for a week. It was so much fun! Definitely strange to be a mom for a week. Lots of time feeding, cleaning, making lunches and doing homework with the kiddies. I had the pleasure of bringing the kids to their bus stop and to birthday parties and picking them up from their various activities. We had some scheduled "Faux Family Bonding Times" which included cleaning house, playing cards, going for a walk, and watching a movie. It was so much fun. I drove in to school every day and came home to a house full of kids. It was nice to come home to a house rather than my little dorm room. It was amazing to eat real food again! For a whole week! It was great!
February also brought along Valentine's Day. Definitely a favorite of mine... haha. Yeah right. No, it was fun though. Our school played a game where all the girls made hearts and then we couldn't talk to guys all day and if we did then we had to give them our hearts. It was so fun! I kept my heart all day to the surprise of many people. Too bad my unit didn't do so well... but that's alright.
I have to go to concession at the basketball provincials, but I will write about my reading week and my trip to Edmonton later.
3 comments:
hey ashley!! yay for an update. i was going to get mad at you too haha. i'm glad you could come to kelowna :) that was fun. i love getting visitors, even only for a day...it spices it up a bit.
babysitting those kids sounds like so fun! and i bet you did a great job :) thanks for the update, talk to you later.
Glad to hear your alive... I miss you!
Lynn
yay you are alive! did you apply yet? I called you, but you were gone for the weekend? not to sure. Thanks for the short update, I look forward to more.
Post a Comment