As I'm sure you have gathered from this weeks moment, we brought Kaden John home on Thursday! He was just seven days old (35+1 weeks gestation). Kaden's daddy was working out of town and wouldn't be home until the evening so I went and picked up Mandi and the boy.
So tiny!! That's a newborn sleeper next to him and it is no where near fitting him. I love this picture because he is tucking up his legs -- yet another one of my favourite things about newborns. That's about all I have to say about bringing Kaden home... not as exciting a post as I thought.
Check out how hairy my little monkey is. Gah! I love it. And it is all over his tiny body. This little man has more facial hair than his Uncle Erik.
I'm going to be staying at Kevin and Mandi's next week. I am so looking forward to midnight cuddles, milk breath, little burps, grunts, squeaks, hiccups, pitiful wailing, and playing with Sawyer. And I guess I will do whatever else Mandi needs me to... cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping. Maybe I will use one of our 0300 cuddles to finally write out Kaden's birth story.
I am excited to see Sawyer in her role as a big sister. She loves babies and Mandi said she was pretty pumped to see a baby in her house. I wonder how she will feel in a few days when she realizes how much her baby monopolizes her mommy. She is a very affectionate little girl and I am sure she will shower Kaden with love and kisses... but she also loves her mommy and can get pretty protective of her. It may be a difficult transition, but that's part of the reason I want to be there for Mandi, so she can focus on Sawyer when she needs to.
Being around adorable babies does nothing to curb my desire for young'ns of my own. I just keep reminding myself "if I had my own then I wouldn't be here". Being an auntie is pretty special. I love all my babies and I thoroughly enjoy doting on them. My time will come... eventually. I hope.


3 comments:
I want a perma aunty-ashley. to take care of me and my babies
Kim, Kelowna is pretty gorgeous. We would welcome you with open arms!
I think the Epp's could use a good does of this. Bring it on, with ALL the babies- and Auntie Ashley of course:) I am convinced we could (WILL) have some wonderful times-
Post a Comment