Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stillwater

Well, we are almost home so I thought I would start documenting our trip a little bit. Last Sunday we attended the wedding of Erik's cousin -- the reason for our grand adventure. The wedding was absolutely lovely. Erik's cousin looked stunning and Erik danced the night away.
There was a family brunch the day after the wedding. What a great idea!!! It provided an opportunity for the family to see each other, catch up a bit more, and just relax and enjoy the beautiful afternoon.
Nobody had to worry about anything wedding and we could just enjoy each others company. Like I said, what a great idea!
the extended olson crew
I especially loved it because it gave me a chance to get to know the family a little better. I didn't have to yell over the music or stress about who I didn't have a chance to talk to yet -- there was ample time to casually chat with everyone there. It was wonderful! And, we got to enjoy the sunshine, the river, and fresh air. Wonderful!
with the bride and groom
Erik and I decided to explore Stillwater a little bit. It's an adorable little town(?) right along a river(?). We perused antique stores, bookstores, and other little shops. I bought a little bit of fabric (of course) and we bought a couple books for Erik to read out loud on the way home.
teaching Jamie Sterling to clap
We decided to stay after the extended family left. Erik's dad had flown in for the wedding and could only stay a few days so we had a picnic in the park with my FIL, SIL and her three boys (who live in Minnesota), and BIL (from Colorado). It was probably the highlight of the entire trip for me.
It was perfect. The weather was awesome -- not too hot, but definitely warm enough. There was plenty of food to munch on. There were bodies for the little guys to wrestle. There was a guitar and six-year-old-song-writing. There was a baby learning to crawl. And we had not a care in the world. What more could we ask for?
Our picnic
While we were picnicking I couldn't help but feel as though we were taken straight out of Full House. Remember the opening credits when they are all in the park laughing and eating and just being a family??? I kept having flash backs and deja vu.
Here Truen is pretending to be a worm with his grandpa's shoe. He's inching along with some help from his mama.
And, of course, a family shot. It was a good day. A very good day.

No comments: