Friday, September 23, 2011

around the farm

I have worked almost every day we have been home from our trip and I have been dreaming of returning to this lovely little farm. I've also been dreaming of sunshine and sandals. And adorable little boys.
Our holiday was so very relaxing. I throughly enjoyed having to think about nothing but the present. There was no stress, no responsibility, no schedule, no expectations. All we had to think about was enjoying ourselves and our family. What a relief!!
And what a place to relax! My SIL and her husband have a beautiful property. I've already introduced you to their incredible garden, but their place also provides ample opportunities to roam and explore. There is so much space and so much sky. Yesssss.
And there is something about being in the country. I don't know how to put it into words... it's just something. Something kind of wonderful.
Erik and I have been talking about where we want to "end up". You know, where we want to settle down, create a home, and raise a family. We're very much undecided, but I like the idea of the country. Country-ish at least. It's going to need to be near a hospital, or a clinic, or some facility I can work in. Unless I become a midwife - then it doesn't really matter, but I still like partial country at the very least.
I always dreamed of marrying a farmer -- have I ever mentioned that? I think I'd make a good farm wife. What do you think the chances are of Erik every becoming a farmer? Non-existant, I know.  A girl can dream though, can't she???
I have been working a lot since coming home from Minnesota. It has been so good, especially considering that summer is now over and shifts are going to be less and less available. I have have nothing booked after Sunday -- ugh! As of Sunday I will have worked 9 shifts in 11 days. I'm currently doing the 24 hour switch over from nights back to days -- the worst kind of switchover. I miss my friends, but I know there will be a time when shifts or sparse so I am capitalizing on everything offered to me now. There will be time to live later.

1 comment:

Lynn Webb said...

You're beautiful and I miss you. Lots. xoxo